I had thought that the people that work in government offices could not get any stupider. Alas, I was wrong.
Yesterday I received a letter from the social insurance office with a summary of how I am doing in terms of any future pension I might hope to receive from the Czech state. It made me laugh out loud because it contained 5 errors, two of them that were really ridiculous.
- My birthday was wrong, but only by 10 days.
- My ex-husband’s last name was written under ‘maiden name’.
- ‘All other former surnames’ had been left blank.
- My place of birth was listed as Florida. I was born in Pennsylvania.
- My country of citizenship was listed as England. I am American, and England is not actually a country of anyone’s citizenship.
It just doesn’t stop.